A debt or loan is the money you owe to someone, but from the financial context – is a contract held between issuer and borrower on a prefixed rate of interest to repay the original amount for a particular maturity period (or span of bond). You would find many debt instruments that are available in the debt market namely bonds, debentures, term loans, fixed deposits, letter of credit, credit card loans, public and corporate deposits, overdraft facility, etc to get you in a lucrative trap.
Once you are stuck into this burden, don’t panic for there are some ways you need to read them below to save money for reducing the outstanding amount.
• By viewing credit report, list out your total debt balance in order of highest to lowest interest rate and details of loan amount owed to each creditor.
• Analyze your budget by knowing how much income is left from taxes and other monthly expenses to clear your debts.
• When savings are less then curb your unnecessary expenditure to keep a check that your budget does not exceed the earnings.
• Make a feasible debt reduction plan accordingly to clear the highest debts first as it attracts more repayment till you reach the smallest debt.
• Try to exhaust few of your immediate options like using emergency funds to meet the unexpected expense, take assistance from family and friends and switch to the automated payment system (EMI) to ensure systematic reduction in debt.
• Encashment of cash accumulated from a life insurance policy or to withdraw some amount from retirement plan as long as it does not have hefty charges can be considered to reduce debt only at your own risk.
• Look for any household items that is not a necessity or too much to retain and sell them for saving more money to clear the debt.
• Figure a way out to transfer balances for high interest but make payment for such balances on time to avoid additional fees.
• Inculcate practice for minimum monthly payment of debts on a real-time basis and see a possibility in raising the bar for such clearance.
• Negotiations with lender would be helpful to cut down on maturity period, interest rate and reduced settlement of debt.
• Do attempt consolidating different debts into a single personal loan or other convenient loans that you can quickly pay at the shortest time possible.
• Majority of people have bulk existing credit card loan, and it’s advisable to settle the monthly payment than just minimum amount by choosing the highest interest rate card first.
• Undergo credit counselling if you are clueless on how to pay too many debts on time.
• Temporarily downsizing subscription services like TV, outside eatery, outings, shopping, etc can aid you to reduce some portion of the debt.
• By opting an increase in your income by targeting a full-time job with high CTC or additional part-time employment will help to pay your debts sooner.
In the end, dealing with positivity and consistent effort will lead you to the final victory of freedom from the chaos of owing someone.
The precious yellow metal has been one of the ancient discoveries of human civilisation that exhibits elemental properties of transition- (bonds with other metals), shiny, soft in nature, non toxic, ductile (stretch into gold threads), malleable (break into thin sheets), un-reactive (does not corrode) with highest purity measured in 24 carats of gold.
Different Ways Why Gold is a Viable Investment
• Jewelry, Coins, and Bars- This is the most popular way to buy physical gold.
• E-Gold-available through National Spot Exchange (NSE) by opening a demat account offering features like highest purity, good security, better liquidity and c
• Gold ETF-a mutual fund held electronically in demat account with benefits of no wealth tax, transparent pricing, readily convertible to cash and traded on the stock exchange at the current price.
• Gold Fund of Fund-another type of mutual fund with similar features of being highly liquid, purer, transparent pricing is standardized, does not attract transaction fee and wealth tax.
• Electronic Form of Gold is advantageous over physical gold because it can be bought and sold faster in small denominations with complete transparency in price. Gold Fund and ETF’s serve as long-term capital gain with a lower rate of tax when held for more than one year. Also easily convertible into bullion coins and gold bars maintaining purity.
• Gold Loan- most convenient way of loan from banks and non-banking finance companies which includes no processing time and minimal document.
• Hedge against Inflation during the economic downturn.
• There is strong diversification in Investment portfolio since it has little correlation with other stocks like equity and debt when the market becomes volatile.
• The purchasing power of gold remains preserved since generations during deflation as well as inflation.
• When the market environment runs well, inflation increases demand and supply of gold.
• Less Risky and fix for small investments: investing in gold is less risky because money will never devaluate but remain same or increases.
• Gold maintains its value over time even when there is a change in price.
• Stable returns assured for short-term investment.
• A favorite choice of investment since ages.
• A universally accepted commodity for investment.
• Increase in production of various products that use gold makes the gold price go up.
• Historically been a consistent performer even in the case when the rate of currencies as those of Indian Rupee, US dollars dips drastically against gold.
• Trust and confidence of investors in gold is more than cash in the bank.
• Most treasured heritage asset in the form of coins, currencies, bars as pride collectibles of the ancestors for their heirs.
• Always known for its simplicity and sentimental value.
• Cannot be manufactured and stands indestructible.
• Much safer than other investment alternatives.
From the above information, we can conclude that investment in gold is indeed one of the excellent investment decisions. Though gold may not be the best option to achieve high and regular returns, nobody would also agree that gold would be the worst choice to invest.
Money is the most important factor of survival in today’s generation. Whether it be paperbound or the virtual presence the value of it is what defines everything in the world. It’s not compulsory for a person to be an economist to understand the importance of money in the world.
Just like a person needs food to live in the same way they also require money to survive. Money may not be everything to a person but it is one of the means of achieving happiness. It is essential for a person to know that they must live using money and not for it. Here are a few reasons why money is important in our life-
1) Better future-
Money is one of the critical elements for a better tomorrow. It lays down the foundation on which a healthy and bright future can be built. Despite people having various dreams and desires, it all comes down to the utilization of money. It can be to own a car, a house or almost anything else in the present or future, money plays the most important role in all of them.
2) Medium of exchange-
In the past, it was all about barter system where one commodity could be exchanged for another one. But, in today’s world, it’s all about money. Money has become the primary medium of exchange in the current world scenario. One can only acquire anything they want only buy purchasing it using money.
3) Helps start and expand businesses-
Whether it be to start or expand a company, money is always required. Cash is usually referred to as capital in business terms. Money could be used to even buy stocks, share or even the whole company.Every single factor all the way from land to even office supplies, everything requires money.
4) Better standard of living-
Earning more money directly affects the standard of living of any human being. Earning more money allows a person to lead a comfortable and peaceful life with all amenities they desire. It also enhances a person’s knowledge in various aspects.
5) Helps during crises-
Crises can arrive at any time of life. It can be any form such as an accident or even loss in a business. One must always be monetarily prepared to deal with it any given time. Having money may not make the problem go away, but it does help with coping with the crises.
Having money alone cannot help make life easier. One must know how to utilize money in the right way that can guarantee good results. Money along with the standard of living also enhances the way a person thinks. Earning and understanding the importance of money helps to make a person wiser and also helps them make good decisions.
Banks, in general, are financial institutions who accept money from savers as deposits, provide loans/advances to individual or firms in need of money and make investments for those who want to secure their future. It’s easier, to sum up how banks earn money in just four simple ways-
1) The interest paid by people for bank loans.
2) Various banking service fees and
3) Investing public funds as financial instruments in the stock market and
4) Buy and sell currencies of worldwide countries. But you can also find out below the profit gained by functional classification of banks.
Retail Banks– earn from middle-income groups like self-employed, salaried people by offering products and services for example-charging transaction processing fee for deposits in banks, savings accounts.ATM, mobile and online banking, Credit card, merchant transaction, and payment processing, Locker deposit fee, loan products, funds transfer, etc. Another strategy used by banks to gain more customers is to pay interest to them for holding deposits at banks.
Commercial Banks– earn money by following services-collect public deposits and assist the business professionals by giving them short-term loan services with high-interest rates in the form of overdrafts, cash credits, money remittance from different places, cheque collection, bills of exchange.
Nationalized Banks– they are non-profit making banks (since they maintain statutory cash reserve).They are banks to other banks and government. It is the only authority figure to issue paper currency.
Private Banks-whose stake-holding structure lies with high net worth individuals.
Agricultural Banks– such banks earn a profit by financing the agricultural sector with a land mortgage for their land development purpose. Lending rates of such banks are lower than commercial banks.
Co-operative Banks– earn by giving limited banking services in rural and urban areas like credit facilities to farmers, salary people, and small-scale industries. They follow the principle of cooperation with no profit and no loss strategy. Such banks get a large number of their borrowings from the central bank, state government, and other cooperative institutions.
Development Banks– make money by providing long-term loans to industries for their development, expansion, and modernization purpose for which the bank collects cash by issuing debenture and shares.
Exchange Banks-profit is made by financing foreign trade.
Investment Banks-gain huge money by providing financial advice fee and services to their corporate clients such as building financial performance reports, underwriting service, draft regulatory documents, issue, sell and trade shares in the secondary market, merger and acquisition tips and financial statements of companies to sustain in future.
Hence these are the predominant ways by which banks of any type run their business to earn and survive in the financial market.